Thursday 7 February 2013

Whilst reserching into the Victorian Era, I found an article that read " The victorian era was a time of prudery, sexual restrain, low tolerance and a strict moral code". I found this statement important when looking at the clothing of this era. 





I took the work restraint, which also links with repression, restriction and inhibited. I then found garments of the era, that would reflect those words e.g. corsetry and strait jacket.


Still looking at the words restraint, repression and inhibited I re created a textile sample by Sheila Hicks, that I feel reflect the words. I then placed them on the mannequin following the silhouette of the corset.



 Here I took the shapes from jackets, coats and corsets, copied them and pasted them onto the figure multiple times.




No comments: