Monday 21 January 2013

APPLICATION, EXPLORATION AND REALISATION

At college we have now started are new brief; application, exploration and realisation. This is all part/in preparation for our FMP (final major product - for fashion show). 
Within this unit, so far I have began to reflect on images that first inspired me last summer when I visited the V&A London. Here 19th century menswear captured my attention, I have took this as the starting point for designing for my FMP.

I would like to take features, details and fashions from 19h Century menswear, experiment and interoperate them as garments for womenswear. 

Here is my research so far...


Title Page for initial idea

Introduction page for Victorian Era
When carrying out initial research, I noted that social class was a important factor when considering clothing for both men and woman. In reflection to this, I have here established three classes; working, middle, upper and began to research. 


Below you will see, that after researching genral social class differences I have took it one step further and began to relate social class to dress.







No comments: