Wednesday 12 December 2012

TROUSER UPDATE





I have now added my "collar and collar stand" to my trousers. Here I have pinned where I will sew a retainer row along, to ensure all fabric is held back.  

Here as you can see I have stitched my retainer row. 
\

Beginning to pattern for cuff

Finished pattern

Above, I was beginning to pattern for my cuffs. I took the measurements from the hem of the patterns for the centre front leg and back and drew these out on pattern paper. I then added access, that will enable a cross over of fabric on the cuff. 



Now I have pattern for my cuff, I can begin to manufacture. 
Here I have sewn around the two pieces of fabric leaving the top. I then reduced bulk and bagged out, steaming neatly to ensure a crisp edge.


Here U I have sewn the overlap 2cm ensuring to backtack

Cuff is now finished and ready to be attatched




Above is my finished toile, overall I am happy with the design and looking forward to seeing the final garment!


Here I have laid out my pattern pieces ready to cut out. 

No comments: