Tuesday 3 April 2012

College Update

I have now looked into the disabilities that come with having Anorexia, such as Kyphosis. Kyphosis is a condition where the spine curves, which leads to a hunch back position. This then gave me insight into looking at;

1. The effects the stomach has due to lack of food intake
2. Research into the mental effects it has on a person
3.  The effect the illness has on bone density and how the body cops and adapts to no intake of food.


From looking at the skeleton of a person suffering from Kyphosis, I produced a lino print which I then printed onto a shirt. 


Lino print

                      
Page from sketchbook, where I am looking at the bodes response to Anorexia
Whilst looking at the effects the disorder has on bones, I came across Osteoporosis.  is a condition where the bones become thin and weak, and break easily. I here made an appliqué sample, inspired by the picture on the left. I also made a lace effect sample, I tried to recreate the texture of the porous bones using fabric. 




No comments: