Wednesday 18 April 2012

College Update

Yesterday I hit a mental block with my college work. So I used the methods learnt in a workshop we did to help generate new idea's. Using my research into designers, I took John Paul Gaultier's 2010 couture collection which was inspired my the Aztec emperor Montezuma. 
The fabric, props, accessories and music where all inspired by Montezuma, and I am going to apply this method to my own work. 

In my previous post, I wrote about my research into the families effect on anorexia, and that the disease can occur when the teen feels that they need control or need to break free. 
To develop this idea further, I have found strong images which represent these emotions. 


And this image, one of my favourites by
Richard Averon! It took me hours to find this image
I used one of the others from this collection
for my other brief. And after searching with
photography students and lecturers I
finally found it!! This I feel shows control.
This image is by Robbie Spencer ( one of my favourites)
, I feel represents breaking free.


































I also began to look into the mind, and different divisions within the mind. I also came across an amazing knit designer Brooke Roberts, that takes CT brain scans and turns them into amazing designs!

Brooke uses  her technical insight and knowledge of human anatomy through X-rays and ct scans, to inform her textile design. Brooke takes inspiration from X-rays, ct skins, body mapping, and contouring to create graphic effects through colour and texture. 
 Her knitwear combines cashmere, wool, cotton, silk, techno-plastic, metallic and retro-reflective yarns.




I am now going to create five, designs based on the mind and the knowledge learnt. 

No comments: